Monday, June 13, 2016

Meals as a Mrs. ~ Mountain Dew Apple Dessert

I first had this recipe back in college when my aunt and uncle had this yummy dessert at a holiday gathering or maybe it was when I went over for dinner one night during my student teaching placement.  In any event, I can't recall the occasion but I do recall how good the dessert was and being surprised to learn that one of the ingredients was soda (or pop depending on where you live)!  Aunt Marie also shared that Coke can be used instead of Mountain Dew which would make the syrup a bit darker. 


 


 






These were really good warmed up and then served with some ice cream too! 
Newlywed Game (This time I answered the questions about Adam)
WITHOUT any prompting, ask your wife these questions. What would she say?  Here are my answers about Adam:

What is something I always say?  
"I'm only going to say this once...and only once....you were right and I was wrong."     :P

What makes me happy?  
The Rams, when we don't go anywhere, and of course Charlotte!!!
 
What makes me sad?
When the Rams don't win.

 
What was I like as a child? From what I hear on the shy side
 
How old am I?
43

 
How tall am I?  
6'1"
 
What’s my favorite thing to do?
Play video games, follow the various Rams' websites/message boards, research stuff online

 
If I become famous, what will it be for?
Your sense of humor
or your knowledge of random trivia or of our faith!  
What am I good at?
Putting up with your wife.  ;)
 

What am I not good at?  
Staying mad at your wife.  ;-)
 
What makes you proud of me?
I love when you get fired up about something you feel passionately about and hearing what you have to say about it.  Your passion and knowledge shine through on that topic when you're talking and your words are inspiring to me!

What is my favorite food?  
Lasagna, burgers, sandwiches made a certain way, "real" Mexican food, ice cream
 
What do we do together?
Laugh and read.

 
Where is my favorite place to eat?
That place in the back of the liquor store in Corona, In n Out, the bowl place (I forget the name), the Togas place....but since those are all on the West Coast I guess out here...it would be Applebee's and the milkshakes at Burgatory.  Mmm!!!

 
When is our anniversary?
Which one?  ;)  

October 21 = started talking
November 7, 2013 = have seen each other every day in person or on skype with the exception of four days since then
May 4 = you proposed!!
May 23 = sacrament of marriage...woohooo!!!!
 
If I could go anywhere, where would it be?
Home to California and Constantinople/Istanbul

 
Do you think you could live with me forever?  
I suppose.  :D
 
Do I annoy you?
Define annoy.  The way I see it is we're all human and no one is perfect so there are times yes, that we all get on each other's nerves eh.
 
What is your favorite thing about me?   
You make me laugh.  The way your eyes crinkle up when you smile your mischeivous grin.  Your ability to be a kid at heart.  How you care for Charlotte, the pups, and me.  The fact that you're you.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment