Thursday, April 18, 2013

Dinner out at El Farol (Yum!!)

On our first night in Santa Fe, my advisor, and two colleagues, and I went out to dinner at El Farol.  My Spanish is VERY limited so I immediately asked our server what farol means.  He explained that it means light and is usually in reference to Our Lady of Light.  I've not heard Mary called that and really love that reference.  I also couldn't help but think about how at this time in life, being so close to the light at the end of the tunnel, yet still having a ways to go, how appropriate it was that my colleagues, advisor, and I were dining at this funky establishment.  The service was excellent, the wine delicious, & the food was divine!!  I am hungry just looking at these pictures and thinking back to how yummy everything was!




Look at all this food!!!

Oh, the dessert was just scrumptious!!  Mmm!!



The Inn and Spa at Loretto at nighttime as we walked back from dinner.
Lovely bird monument at the end of the circular driveway of the resort.
 

UNCG's Specialized Education Services Professions in Deafness Cohort (and my earrings I bartered for at the Plaza during a break from the conference that day)  ;o)
The resort had beautiful artwork and lighting on display throughout the lobby and connecting hallways to the shops that were adjacent to the resort.


No comments:

Post a Comment