Tuesday, April 15, 2014

3 weeks

Day 21:  Jim and Kevin came over for dinner Monday night.  We dined on a chicken pepperjack dish, Jasmine rice, wine from NC and PA, corn, fresh Italian bread, and enjoyed a Hershey's chocolate pie for dessert.  These two guys were some of my first friends down here in the south and I can't believe it has been four years since we met! 

 
Monday marked three complete weeks of the 100 Happy Days Challenge

21 days of looking for something in each day that makes me happy have come and gone already.  What I'm learning through this experiment is there are some days where I have a hard time narrowing it down to just one thing.  For example, the fellowship and conversation last night, as well as the yummy food, talking about upcoming trips with Adam, & packing my car with as many belongings as possible to place in storage after making tomorrow's trip made me happy in addition to my niece showing me a rock with a grin that spread from ear to ear to hearing baby Nick's giggles to watching Clark and Braden chase each other with their shopping carts.  How do you choose just one?!  

Then, there are other days, when as hard as I try, there is not a lot of happy to be found in those daily 24 hours....yet there is always something.  It may be fleeting but as long as we're alive and here on this Earth, there is always something to be found...maybe it's being glad the downpour didn't open up on you as you dashed from the car to the house to try to beat the oncoming rain or maybe it's in enjoying a moment of silence as you start your day in quiet contemplation or it could be sleeping through the night without waking once.  Perhaps it is simply getting through the day with no major disasters or catastrophes crossing your path or being greeted by your puppy each time you enter the room (even if you just saw the pooch five minutes ago). 

Yes, I'm thankful for this challenge that is forcing me to find the good in every day.  I wonder what the next three weeks will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment