Thursday, April 24, 2014

Next to last time

I'm on campus today for the next to last time if all goes as planned.  Wow!

I say planned because this past semester has been filled with unexpected medical events that have caused me to be at the Health Center on campus more times than I care to recall.  More on that later.

Before leaving the house today, I had to suppress a giggle when I saw my niece's choice in shoewear.  Last night, during our "special day" together, I had purchased two pairs of shoes for her (Payless is having a BOGO where the 2nd pair is 50% off by the way!  Don't forget your AAA card for an additional 10% off too).  Apparently, Miss Mason could not decide which pair of shoes to wear so she opted to wear a silver sparkly strapped shoe on one foot and a purple, pink, and teal flowered sandal on the other foot.  What a trip!  Well, I hope she doesn't trip in these shoes. 


At work, this morning started out in a super fun way.  I got to supervise a student teacher at a new school for me (and complete supervision for the last time this semester...again).  I loved supervising student teachers this past semester and seeing the creative ways they taught their lessons and how they overcome challenges/hurdles as they grew in their confidence levels as teachers.  I also really enjoyed being back in the classroom with young students as I don't get to do that nearly as often nowadays as when I was teaching full time.  Today's kiddos were kindergarten and first grade students...gotta love it!  At the end of the observation, as the student teacher and I made small talk, we found out that we both are from PA!  It turns out the student teacher grew up in Camp Hill and hopes to return to PA..It must be a Pa Girl thing.  Ha!  We talked about places we had in common, including York and the Susquehanna River, before I departed from her school.
Some of my favorite cities can be seen on this map!  <3
Best. State. Ever.
   

Then, on campus, while having my blood drawn for yet another confounding medical issue, the phlebotomist and I talked up a storm.  It turns out she has family from PA and in York.  I hardly noticed the needle or the blood being taken as we talked about the Turkey Hill Experience, the Shoe House off Rt. 30 in Wrightsville, and York!
I wonder if I was given this color bandage since I am wearing a green dress today??!

Two times in one day my beloved YoPa surfaced...and the day is not over yet!

Also happening twice today was the instance of hearing from two people at Franciscan University of Steubenville (future colleague and future housemate).  Both of these individuals sent me interesting videos that I look forward to viewing when I get home tonight.  Anyhow, back to things happening in 3's, before the day ends, I expect to hear from a 3rd FUS person and to talk about York one more time...now it's time to get back to work, here in the office, as I cross off more items on the to-do list during this next to last time I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment