Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Flying songs from today



This afternoon, I had John Denver on the brain as I was going to “leave on a jet plane” to go to Denver, CO!  While waiting at the gate to board the plane, I was amused by the older couple sitting next to me.  They ooo’d and awww’d over the children who were gazing out the windows of the terminal at the planes, those who were running around their parents in circles, and pulling their own mini luggage behind them as they exited their planes.  One father even had his toddler sit on his rolling suitcase and pulled him down the corridor rather than carry him.  The couple were thoroughly enjoying themselves and acted as if they hadn’t a care in the world.  At one point, the grandfatherly gentleman turned to me and said, “Women!  They’re always changing their minds” as his wife got up to get a snack after saying she wasn’t going to get any food.  I replied, “Hey, it keeps things interesting!”  He nodded and said that after as many years as they’ve been married he knew his wife well enough to just let her talk it out and to nod and smile as she made up her mind.  Sounds like someone else I know!  Now, instead of a John Denver tune playing in my mind, I had Brad Paisley’s “Waiting on a Woman” stuck in my head.  


No comments:

Post a Comment