Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April's Full

Wow.  How did it get to be April 1st already?!  Looking at all that is happening this month in my planner makes me feel overwhelmed but oh so excited.  So far instead of showers we have had sunshine and 80 degree weather!  Yay for spring!!!

I will hopefully finish all of the packing that needs to be done before graduation and will be taking two trips; one to Pennsylvania (to get started on moving) and one to Denver, CO for my first time!!

Also on tap, I hope to finish up two manuscripts on my dissertation and get them sent out for review and to read a pretty thick book with Adam in our spare time (what's that?!).  

Today, at work, it dawned on me that April is the final month to get in all 20 zumba classes I have been meaning to go to, the last Theology on Tap session that I will be able to attend in NC will be held, and I need to begin saying the dreaded G-word, "goodbye", to friends.  

This last item on the to-do list will be the hardest as I hate HATE goodbyes.  I don't want to lose friendships and have seen firsthand, by coming down to NC, how these relationships, even the closest of bonds, can dissolve and slowly disappear over time / distance in spite of good intentions and reaching out to keep the communication lines open...but rather than worry and be sad, I'm going to embrace the memories and the fun times that are ahead of us as we embark on the next 28 days since I will be out of town the last few days of the month.  To my Triad area friends, please let me know if you are up for a coffee or frozen yogurt date or even a walk at the park now that we're having nicer weather!  

Gosh, thinking of all that needs to get done in this truly full month over the next several weeks is making me tired....almost as tired as little Braden was this morning when he crept into my room at 5am and climbed up into my bed.  While I would rather have not started my day that early, today's happy day # 9 moment comes courtesy of my sweet sleepy nephew.  I know if he could read this, he would be happy.  I mean, after all, I used his favorite color for the font.  ;)


2 comments:

  1. You are the only person I know who can get the workload of 50 people done - on time - and just by you!! Good Luck. Invest in tissues, and love every minute of this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the vote of confidence!! :) Update to packing progress: Nearly everything is in a box. Now for the magic of getting these boxes from the south to the north!

    ReplyDelete