Friday, August 14, 2015

Fueled by Faith Friday

Recently, I unearthed some favorite passages scrawled on random pieces of paper tucked into nooks and crannies.  I know I've written about some of these before but it doesn't hurt to repeat them.  Here is one for today:

"Faith makes things possible not easy." - This reminds me that just because something might be possible doesn't mean that it will come easy or without hard work.  You still have to work at something to make it happen but realize that whatever that "it" is doesn't mean it will be impossible to achieve. 

The other day I watched a documentary in which the main character expressed his surprise at how often people say, "Oh, I can't do it.  That's too hard.  It's impossible".  Being from Australia he used expressions I wasn't familiar with but I enjoyed hearing them, especially in his accent, like when he said, "So what if you don't make it to Day 10.  If you make it to Day 7 instead then good on you for trying.  Good on you."  How true that is.  I'm guilty of that.  If I know that I won't be able to do as good of a job as I would like, I am sometimes too paralyzed to start...perfectionist tendency?  Who knows...but I could stand to benefit from focusing more on the fact that yes, it is possible and yes, while it will be hard work, it will so be worth it in the end instead of focusing on things that could go wrong or not as I had hoped.  Everything works for the glory of God and He will take care of everything.  Sometimes we just have to get out of the way.  : )


A (teacher) friend posted this this morning and it reminded me of a recent blog posting in which I talked about how we all have talents, treasures, and gifts to offer in serving others.  There are so many times I have been paralyzed with fear over starting or finishing a project, especially for work, or as is more often the case, I overburden and overschedule myself trying to be in five places at once and struggle with finishing each task as well as I could since am stretched too thin.  This reminds me of an article I read the other day about traits of the anxious person too.  Sometimes Many times I fill up every moment of every single day (much to Adam's chagrin) in trying to be as productive and proficient as possible...but is that truly serving God and others to the best of my ability?  Sometimes, as the dogs do so well, I just have to S.T.O.P. and smell the roses.  I need to think about the impact the action, or lack of action, will really have...yes, with faith, things are possible but the road won't always be a clear path or easy one.  He will take care of everything and if not everything on the to-do list doesn't get done, it's fine!  Keep up the faith my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment