Thursday, August 13, 2015

Meals as a Mrs. ~ Baked Shrimp

I'm not a seafood lover unless I'm in Maryland or York, PA (close enough).  Give me chicken any day.  Well, in an effort to not only expand my cooking skills, but also my taste buds, I attempted making a different kind of dish one Friday night.  As my friends will tell you, I try to not eat meat on Fridays.  Year round.  Even though it is not required.  I just like trying to make small sacrifices here and there and if I can give up meat on Fridays then great!  Sure, the occasional slip will occur when I will forget which day it is (usually in summer) and I'll eat meat but for the most part, I try to be intentional in giving up meat on that particular day of the week.  Usually I opt for pizza or making grilled cheese sandwiches at the end of the week but one Friday last month I chose to try something new.  This particular recipe doesn't have a name as I saw it floating around on Facebook so let's just call it, "Baked Shrimp".  It is super easy to do even when you make a big mistake like I did.  I forgot to take the shrimp out of the freezer ahead of time but the shrimp seemed to thaw while baking in not much extra time so it all worked out in the end.

Ingredients:

1 stick of butter
1 lemon
fresh shrimp (I used a bag of frozen shrimp)
1 pack of dried Italian seasoning

Instructions:
Melt a stick of butter in the pan.  Slice the lemon and layer it on top of the butter.  Put down fresh shrimp then sprinkle the pack of dried Italian seasoning.  Put pan in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

The shrimp came out tender and very flavorful!  I served the shrimp with salad and left over pasta tossed in vodka sauce.  Bon appetit for those of you looking for an alternative to meat!





Tonight's reflection on marriage from Humane Vitae is short and sweet:  ....use their married intimacy to express their mutual love and safeguard their fidelity toward one another.

Safeguard their fidelity toward one another.  I love that!  I am safeguarding Adam's love and faith to him and he's safeguarding mine toward me.  I wouldn't want it from anyone else and love knowing that he feels the same about me.  Married intimacy is SO much better than any intimacy I thought I had with previous boyfriends/relationships.  They're beyond compare.  Everyone should be so blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment