Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Patrick & Otto came to visit!!

Last month, Adam received a promotion at work.  I'm so proud of him and all his hard work he does to support our little family.  As a result of his promotion, he was flown to Atlanta for some training leaving the pups and me for the first time since the wedding.  This was also the first time I was in the  new house overnight by myself.  What a different feeling!!  However, my little brother helped out with that by coming to visit literally the night Adam flew south.

I had dropped Adam off at the airport around lunch time on Thursday then took back roads home.  They led me through the town where a former roommate from college currently lives with her family.  How crazy it is to think that we live a half hour away from each other now!?  Anyhow, my little brother and his German Shepherd pulled into the driveway close to midnight that night and we stayed up until 2am chatting.  The next morning was a lazy and relaxing start to the day as I fed Patrick leftover Rum Chata French Toast I had purposely freezed for his arrival and we played three rounds of Ticket to Ride.  We took all three dogs for walks (separately) and wore them out in the scorching heat.  I drove Patrick through my old neighborhood and over to my new office where I set up my voicemail.  We walked around the campus as the sun set and Patrick even got to meet some of the friars in the chapel.  We walked to one of the outdoor stations of the cross located behind the Adoration chapel on the side of the hill.  We sure got in a lot of steps when he was here!

When pulling out from the parking lot, we bumped into some other professors I hadn't seen since graduation.  Then, at the grocery store on the way home from campus we saw Sr. Mary Therese - a nun I worked with at Vacation Bible School.  In many ways this small town reminds me a little of home in that a lot of the folks know each other and you can't go somewhere in town without bumping into someone you know.

Once home we cooked a late night dinner (more on that in a future "Meals as a Mrs." blog posting.  Before departing late on Wednesday morning, Patrick helped me hang up picture frames and a set of three small black shelves he had purchased for me when I lived with Ashley way back when.  I had never had the chance to hang up the shelves and how neat it was for him to help me hang them in Adam's and my first home!  I'm so glad Patrick was able to make the seven hour trip in from Delaware to come see the house and am thankful he was here during my first time of staying in this house without Adam!!  I hope to be able to take Adam to his house in Delaware soon...maybe for Thanksgiving???  Wednesday night came and went quickly and in no time I was picking up my honey from the airport on Thursday at lunchtime...only to turn around and go back to the airport on Saturday night for our last trip of Summer 2015! 



No comments:

Post a Comment