Thursday, August 13, 2015

Meals as a Mrs. ~ Parmesan-Dijon Chicken

What do an ex-boyfriend, a lady in her 70s, and my little brother have in common?







They all liked this dish I'm about to share with you!  I first made this in York when living with Ashley and it was just as tasty fresh from the oven and cold as a leftover when eating it on the road between schools as a lunch.  Below you will find the recipe for "Parmesan-Dijon Chicken".  I admit when I first saw this recipe a few years back, I thought the recipe meant the sprinkle parmesan cheese...lol!


This was the late night meal Patrick and I made on his second night here when he visited a few weekends ago. 

First you wash off the chicken with cold water and pat them dry using paper towels.
Then mix the bread crumbs and cheese (not the sprinkle kind..hehe) in a freezer bag.  The recipe says to shake the chicken in a sealed bag but I find that too cumbersome and usually just toss it around one piece at a time with the freezer bag opened without any issues.
Combine the mustard and melted margarine.
  

This is where it gets slightly messy.  Dunk the chicken into the liquid then transfer to the freezer baggie and toss the chicken around until it is coated.  The bag will eventually get slimy as you insert more and more pieces of chicken so I did this near the sink in case I had any splashes.
Shake, shake, shake!
Another view and yes, I leave the bag open while shaking the chicken.
 
Here is the yummy finished product!  We ate it with mashed potatoes as a side.  Delish!!
In reading Humane Vitae, I'm at the section after addressing educators, politicians, and scientists.  I am now at the section dedicated to Christian Couples.  It begins by saying...to those most of all whom God calls to serve Him in the state of marriage.  What a privilege to serve God in this new vocation.  Not only can I try to serve God through my work as professor and researcher and through social ties/friendships but now through another dimension as wife.  I hope I never take that for granted and to not lose sight of focusing on serving God through how I serve others, as teacher, mentor, friend, family member, and now wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment