Monday, August 10, 2015

Meals as a Mrs. ~ Oven Baked Fajita

Last month, my parents swung by the house after my mom's high school reunion in Pittsburgh.  They got in very late Saturday night but were able to visit with us on Sunday before leaving for home that evening.  My mom's cousins, Susie and Mary Jane, also came by for the Sunday meal.  Having six adults to prepare food for, I ended up prepping a smorgasboard of different items to go with our burgers/hot dogs that Adam grilled for us on the back patio.  You'll read about these various recipes/items in the upcoming "Meals as a Mrs." blog posts.  I thought about putting all of the dishes together in one blog posting but opted to keep them separate for easy reference later when I might come back here to find a particular recipe or dish.

So, without further ado, here is the Oven Baked Fajita recipe that was soooo good!  However, I was surprised at how much of a kick this dish had so for those of you who might not prefer spicy foods, you might want to leave out the green chiles and just add diced tomatoes.  We dished out the fajita and ate it on our plates but I have to admit my favorite way of eating this dish was as a leftover in the days after this small gathering.  I chose to scoop it onto nachos, spread some Cheddar cheese on top, stick it all in the microwave for a few seconds, add a dollop of fat free sour cream, and then eat it!  Mmm!!  I suppose you could also eat this on an actual wrap but I preferred it on the crunchy nachos!
  • Another side note is that I would have liked some sort of sauce or salsa on it but it wasn't dry at all....having the salsa added to it in the future is just a personal preference taste-wise for me.



"Interwoven among the aspects of responsible parenthood is the understanding that the two great meanings or values of marriage - the "unitive" and "procreative" - are never separated.  A love that is complete and faithful, a love which holds nothing back from the other, will remain open to God's creative plan.  After all, it is God's love in the first place." - Most Reverend J. Peter Sartain, Bishop of Little Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment