Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Today was the last day before...

I start back to full time teaching tomorrow for the fall semester and what a day it was!

Adam and I got in lots of time together in spite of it being a work day for him.  I had an appointment in the morning and then he joined me for the afternoon appointment.  During the remainder of the afternoon, I worked on Powerpoints for tomorrow's lectures (yes, I'm that professor who attempts to lecture on the first day of class...but there will be M&Ms).  ; )  For dinner, we were able to enjoy a new slow cooker recipe (oh my goodness, can you say YUM?!) and finally had our furnace looked at (it went out in March) by a professional. It's hard to find service in our little town but the guy who came tonight worked hard and was very knowledgeable.  Hopefully the part he needs will come in soon and the home warranty will cover it!  Then, I spontaneously baked what I'm sure will be a delicious dessert that we'll eat in about 20 minutes once the icing has set.  Don't worry, I'll share both of tonight's recipes on here soon! 

As the cake was baking and Adam was finishing up with the furnace guy, Dusty and I took a quick evening walk with our friend, Katy.  As we were finishing up the walk and heading back to our respective houses, a medium-sized dog (part Pit bull part something else) escaped from his/her yard and came after Dusty.  In the 8 going on 9 years of having Dusty this is the 3rd time I have witnessed another dog's jaws clamped down on my little Dusty Shamrock's neck.  Oh, what a horrible and helpless feeling it is in the moment!  All I could do was try to pull Dusty away and say, "Oh my gosh!" over and over when Katy stepped in and chased the dog away...what a blessing it was to have her there protecting all of us!!!  She was fierce and can be the doggie bodyguard any day!  In all seriousness, I'm so glad that things didn't end up differently tonight.  Now, time to calm down the jitters from the walk and the night before school day kind, eat some dessert, and indulge in a couple Office episodes with the hubby before bedtime.

To all of you going back to school, sending your kiddos back to school, or going about your daily schedules as you have been, I hope you have a great rest of your week and everyone transitions well!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment