Thursday, August 27, 2015

Inspired waiting


I saw this picture this morning and really love the message it portrays.  It reminds me of Adam's and my courtship and is also reflective of some of our current life.  I'm so glad to have found someone who not only believes in me and respects me but also shares the same values and mindset in terms of how we want to raise our family and live out our lives by our faith.  Hopefully he can feel my belief and support in him as much as I feel his.

When I think of previous relationships, there was always something lacking but in this relationship with my husband, I know without a doubt, we are on the same page while still challenging each other to be the best versions of ourselves, by striving to grow closer to God, and as we continue to work on our relationship with one another as well.  Thank you, God (and CatholicMatch), for bringing us together across all those miles back in 2013!!

Now that I'm back to work full time I don't get to spend as much time with him on the days I'm away at campus (but oh how I relish the two days away from campus for more than one reason now!).  Yesterday was the first day for me where I left for school at 8:45am and didn't walk through the front door until close to 6:45pm and that was with only teaching 3 of my 4 classes yesterday!  One of the reasons I was so late was because I had an unexpected advising appointment with one of my students that lasted nearly an hour after my last class.  However, it was a successful appointment and I learned a lot as I counseled her!  Here's to more successful future advising appointments!  I'm so glad my list is a lot shorter though.  Last week there were 41+ names posted to my office door but yesterday there were *only* 11 so we'll see how this goes this semester!


A student gave me this yesterday citing St. Therese as her inspiration. Oh how I love my job!  Also, St. Therese has a special connection to the day when Adam proposed so this beautiful flower holds even more meaning for me that this student could never have known!  Have a beautiful inspiration-filled day y'all!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment