Saturday, August 15, 2015

Meals as a Mrs. ~ Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf

This 'Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf" recipe was a bit of a gamble for me.  In an effort to find something high in protein and somewhat healthy, I found this recipe.  I figured well, Adam likes bacon cheeseburgers so this could work!  I am not a huge fan of meatloaf but like it the way my Mom makes it (that includes Fruit Loops...yes, the cereal!).  However, I know there are so many variations of this dish and some people have very strong preferences for how their meatloaf tastes.  Well, anything with bacon in it has to be good right?  I kept focusing on the bacon as I purchased and then poured the relish into the mixture (one of my most least liked foods).

If we were to follow this recipe again, we would puree the onions, mushrooms, and garlic in batches due to the amount of ingredients at one time in the processor.
 







I opted to use two pans since the loaf would have been extra thick squished into one pan.  As a result it was easier to measure out 1/2 tablespoon at a time rather than 1 tablespoon of ketchup between the two pans.


Even with splitting the loaf into two pans, it took a long time to bake and needed an additional 10 minutes in the oven.

Overall, the meatloaf was okay.  It was juicier than I expected perhaps due to the relish?  I'm not sure that we would want to eat this again but it was nice to experience a different kind of meal than we're used to anyhow.

We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
~ Sam Keen ~

No comments:

Post a Comment